June 30, 2005
Proposed papers for a conference on J.R.R. Tolkien's invented languages:
- An Analysis of Khuzdul
- Vowel Affection in Sindarin and Noldorin
- Expanding the Realm: J.R.R. Tolkien's Linguistic Persona
- The Scripts of Aman: Sources, Developments and Relationships
- Quenya, the Black Speech and the sonority scale
- Phonotactic Preferences in the Root Repertories of "The Qenya Lexicon" and "The Etymologies"
If you thought I was joking, think again. It runs August 4-8 at the University of Stockholm. There is still time to register. (Link via Erik)
at 05:38 AM GMT
I didn't think you were joking.
Posted by: Sterling on June 30, 2005 05:18 PM
Do you think Quenya will overtake Klingon as the geek language of choice?
Posted by: mike on June 30, 2005 06:08 PM
ElyÎ Nauco, l· Elda.
Posted by: Stefan on June 30, 2005 07:39 PM
All right, Stefan, knock it the hell off.
Posted by: jame on July 1, 2005 02:06 PM